[mythtv-users] Just a bit more juice Re: VDPAU support on 0.21-fixes

Michael Lynch lynchmv at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 04:28:42 UTC 2009

> AGP card in 8 or 9 series seems impossible to find.
>
> I have my eye on a SFF machine with a low profile PCI-e slot and 2 PCI
> slots (HP DC7100). Its more or less an upgrade to the SFF machine I
> have at present (HP D530S which is AGP low profile and 2xPCI). However
> low profile fanless 8 or 9 series PCIe cards are also quite rare
> (particularly with 512M RAM).
>
> Seems to be many cards that have some combination of the attributes
> (fanless|low profile|512M RAM) but not many with all of the above.
>
> Maybe with the thermal load vdpau is rumoured to create a fan is a
> necessary evil.

I just happened across this while searching for an AGP 8200:

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?sku=A1759044&cs=04&c=us&l=en&dgc=SS&cid=30098&lid=674094

I no longer keep up with hardware specs, but does this look like just
the right mobo+video combo to build a sff frontend (or maybe even
fe+be with the 2 PCI slots).  The price seems spot on too, roughly
$80.