[mythtv-users] Just a bit more juice Re: VDPAU support on 0.21-fixes

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Wed Jan 28 04:21:09 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 27 January 2009 20:56:49 Brad Templeton wrote:

> Or are there some other tricks for getting those x264 videos to play
> smoothly on the P4-3ghz with 6200 video card?  (I could upgrade the 6200
> card to a 7xxx series card, but I doubt that would do anything.)

I assume you have considered, and discarded, the CPU over-clocking idea.

There are utilities that purport to overclock the video card, never played
with them, nor do I think they would help.

Are there any faster plugin replacements for the CPU? Or, will the mobo
support one?

Not sure if a video card with more RAM would help or not, or a 7xxx card with
the new drivers.

Transcode to MPEG2 and use XvMC???

--
beww