[mythtv-users] Sony 200 disc changer

Brad Templeton brad+myth at templetons.com
Wed Jan 28 04:06:17 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 08:03:04PM -0800, Brad DerManouelian wrote:

> mtd will hit a bad sector and try and try again until failure. mplayer
> (which is what I use to play dvd's at the moment) skips the bad sector
> and moves on.

Ah, so the trick would be to get a ripper that understands that after
enough retries it should write a blank spot to the ripped output and
move on, possibly marking that DVD for re-rip.  (It is true that sometimes
a wipedown or even just a re-load onto the drive can make a DVD work
that didn't before.)