[mythtv-users] VDPAU best profile

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 02:23:16 UTC 2009

Hi

Thought I would post my settings on how I got mythtv/vdpau perfectly
working on my end..

I have a nVidia 9400GT card.

In General Settings: make sure Aggressive Sound card buffering is not
checked (to avoid "dropping back audio_buffer_unused") errors.

In TV Settings / Playback:
Check OpenGL vertical sync for timing (need to have compiled mythtv
with opengl-vsync)
I had to check "Extra audio buffering" otherwise I would get cracks
and the picture would often pause.

I set my playback profile as follow:
if rez <= W:1280 H:720 -> vdpau & vdpau , Advanced (2X, HW)
if rez > W:0 H:720 -> vdpau & vdpau, Advanced (1X, HW)

My card doesn't seem fast enough to handle 2X de-interlacing on HD content...

I use the same settings as well on a 8600GT card without problem...

Jean-Yves