[mythtv-users] mythwelcome auto exit mythfrontend

Don Bossung dbossung at windstream.net
Wed Jan 28 01:42:45 UTC 2009

I have a headless dedicated backend (Mythdora 5.0 - FC8/Myth 0.21) and
have used a number of resources to setup my smoothwall router to auto
wol the backend when a recording starts implementing mythwelcome et al.
(I can't use acpi or suspend to ram as this is a dell pe2650 and I can't
get it to use either)

My last problem is that mythwelcome will not start its shutdown timer
until I start mythfrontend on the backend machine and then esc out of
mythfrontend back to the mythwelcome screen. Then the countdown starts
and all works well from there.

This all seems kinda counter to the idea of a dedicated backend since it
is a headless server and I don't use mythfrontend on it at all.

So, my question is, how do I get MythWelcome to just 'kick in' to its
counter rather than sitting there saying idle until mythfrontend is
started and then exited.

BTW, I am aware that this has likely been asked and answered before, but
I'll be dog-goned if I can find it.

thanks
don