[mythtv-users] VDPAU support on 0.21-fixes

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 00:40:59 UTC 2009

Hi

2009/1/28 Lindsay Mathieson <lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com>:

> ? but they are not required for myth to install or run

Neither are they with my package. The only nvidia dependency required
are the vdpau libraries which aren't linked to the 180 drivers.

> Not sure if I'm understanding this correctly. It does appear that I have to
> install the version of the nvidia drivers you bundled with the packaging.

Actually, you don't have to.
I only put the nvidia drivers and vdpau libraries in my repository for
convenience.
They are available in Ubuntu trunk and 9.04 as well as in mythbuntu
weekly build repository...

As the mythbuntu repository removed the 180.22 drivers late last week
making them available on my repository made it easier for everyone...

I released a 180.25 drivers because nvidia released them yesterday and
I didn't feel like waiting for Ubuntu to make an official package
which usually takes several weeks.

If you don't want to use my nvidia driver package ; use the 9.04 one
or mythbuntu . They are the same package ; so if those release an
update it will replace mine and myth will continue to work.

Hope this clear things up
Jean-Yves