[mythtv-users] NFS and Myth

James Crow james at ultratans.com
Tue Jan 27 22:06:02 UTC 2009

I recently added a new slave BE. The recording directory from the master
BE is NFS shared to the slave. The same for the recording directories on
the slave BE. The problem I have is that the mythtv user and group on
the master BE and slave BE are not the same. When the master instructs
the slave to transcode a recording the slave is unable to delete the
original recording file.

I can not be the first person to encounter this problem, how are other
people handling this issue?

I could change the mythtv user and group id on one system to match the
other, but I am not sure what other problems that may create.

Thanks,
James