[mythtv-users] Fwd: Digital Audio on HDMI MB not working

Andrew Close aclose at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 19:35:56 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 9:18 PM, Phil Wild <philwild at gmail.com> wrote:
<snip/>
>> > What version of alsa do you have?

i had the default installed with MythBuntu 8.10 which was alsa 1.0.17
Note: Phil had/has alsa 1.0.18 after upgrading...

> I am also running ubuntu 8.10 (mythbuntu actually) and used this script to
> upgrade also to the latest version
>
> http://www.stchman.com/alsa_update.html

the above link allowed me to download a script which i had to tweak.
it downgraded my alsa from 1.0.17 to 1.0.16 and removed ALL sound i
previously had. :)
i downloaded the latest, hopefully stable, drivers from alsa (1.0.19)
and ran the script using them.

i now get glorious sound over HDMI using Big Buck Bunny HD/AC3 and
Elephants Dream HD as test subjects.  i need to try a couple more
sources, and eat lunch, and i'll report my final settings back
shortly.

at the moment, it appears that the breakthrough really was alsa 1.0.18
and newer...

--
Andrew Close