[mythtv-users] US to postpone analog TV death

Richard Thomas rich at dicksonlife.com
Tue Jan 27 18:21:37 UTC 2009

Mike Perkins wrote:
> Please, no! In the UK, we already have street after street and many
> blocks of flats disfigured by Sky dishes, one per dwelling. At least
> cable, well 90% of it, goes underground.

If only... Here in the US, everything seems to go above ground. The
semi-picturesque town I live in is blighted by poles hung with
telephone, electric, cable and who-knows-what running down every street.
An additional secondary effect is when they butcher trees which have the
temerity to grow to reach these eyesores. Of course, then you get a
storm and other trees fall over on the wires anyway...

Sorry, rant over :)

Rich