[mythtv-users] VDPAU support on 0.21-fixes

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 17:01:24 UTC 2009

Hi

2009/1/28 Kevin Bailey <ke-myth at retriever.dyndns.org>:
> Dumb question: Would you recommend Hardy or Intrepid ?

I use 8.10, so those packages are for 8.10.... Not sure how it would
install on 8.04.
I'm not a Ubuntu expert, only been using Ubuntu for the past few
months always used a RedHat system until then.

So I don't know how packages behave across different version of the
distribution...

There are no reasons why 0.21-fixes with VDPAU wouldn't run on Hard...

> Thanks a million for putting this together. I have
> one machine that I can't get rid of that needs a little
> help with 1080i.

you're welcome.

Even if your PC has the grunt to do the decoding, VDPAU is great ..
fantastic deinterlacer ...