[mythtv-users] Hardware advice requested.

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Tue Jan 27 16:39:01 UTC 2009

Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com> says:
> the 9300gs for example, has been found to be the G98 chipset, which
> is found on some 8400gs card.

The Asus EN8400GS
(<URL:http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121235>)
is based on G98; there is a report at Newegg from one 'tafypz'
reporting that VC-1 via VDPAU works. There is another success report
with the card--which may or may not be from the same person--at the
VDPAU Wiki page. In any case, given that the card is inexpensive,
fanless, has 512MB video RAM, and sold under a corporate name I've
heard of before, I'm going to buy it today.

--
Frontend:		P4 3.0GHz, 1.5TB software RAID 5 array