[mythtv-users] VDPAU support on 0.21-fixes

Larry Sanderson larry.sanderson at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 14:47:01 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 27 January 2009 09:32:04 am Kevin Kuphal wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 6:24 AM, Jean-Yves Avenard
> If you want to track comments/tickets/bugs, set up your own
> Trac for what essentially is your own fork/custom version of MythTV.

Do you want the user community to fork mythtv?  If so, then keep turning away
highly useful community provided patches.

The devs should be welcoming this work.  Instead of: "We proclaimed on high
that 0.21-fixes shall not have X feature", perhaps instead your stance should
be "We thought it would be too much work to backport/maintain this feature,
but look!  Someone did the work for us, thanks so much."

Please don't forget what the "open" in open source means.