No subject

Sun Jan 18 00:47:59 UTC 2009

code and other submitted features with patches.  It was said on the lists
quite clearly that VDPAU would not be backported in the official code to
0.21-fixes.  You've done a marvelous work in doing that, but you really
shouldn't expect that to be supported in the official codebase after such a
declaration.  If you want to track comments/tickets/bugs, set up your own
Trac for what essentially is your own fork/custom version of MythTV.  The
other tickets you mentioned were *new* features with patches.  It may seem
like a nitpicky distinction, but yours isn't a new Myth feature, it's a
trunk feature that the devs do not want backported to 0.21 officially since
0.21-fixes is for *fixes*, not new features.  I believe that any trunk
feature of this magnitude backported to 0.21 and a ticket submitted would be
closed for the exact same reasons.

Kevin

--000e0cd2e1dc1d8de6046177b878

es Avenard <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:jyavenard at gmail.com">jya=
 style=3D"border-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.=
8ex; padding-left: 1ex;">
2009/1/27 Lindsay Mathieson &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:lindsay.mathieson at gmail.c=
om">lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com</a>&gt;:<br>
ithout a doubt they would be<br>
&gt; deluged with issues if they slipstreamed vdpau into 0.21 fixes.<br>
r>
least not yet).<br>
But to create a ticket allowing people to track changes and add<br>
comments. Like many people have done like this one:<br>
/svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/4951</a> which is used in mythbuntu packages<br=

Instead some nazi just closed and locked it without a single word of<br>
explanation...<br>
Makes you feel how nice and fuzzy when you&#39;ve spent 3 long days coding<=
br>
erspective, I get it.&nbsp; Trac is very much for tracking the source code =
and other submitted features with patches.&nbsp; It was said on the lists q=
uite clearly that VDPAU would not be backported in the official code to 0.2=
1-fixes.&nbsp; You&#39;ve done a marvelous work in doing that, but you real=
ly shouldn&#39;t expect that to be supported in the official codebase after=
 such a declaration.&nbsp; If you want to track comments/tickets/bugs, set =
up your own Trac for what essentially is your own fork/custom version of My=
thTV.&nbsp; The other tickets you mentioned were *new* features with patche=
s.&nbsp; It may seem like a nitpicky distinction, but yours isn&#39;t a new=
 Myth feature, it&#39;s a trunk feature that the devs do not want backporte=
d to 0.21 officially since 0.21-fixes is for *fixes*, not new features.&nbs=
p; I believe that any trunk feature of this magnitude backported to 0.21 an=
d a ticket submitted would be closed for the exact same reasons.<br>

--000e0cd2e1dc1d8de6046177b878--