[mythtv-users] lirc packages at atrpms

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Tue Jan 27 13:09:56 UTC 2009

John Pilkington <J.Pilk at tesco.net> says:
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/atrpms/users/12210

I'm afraid I got caught up in this situation. I moved to the
2.6.18-92.1.22.el5.centos.plus kernel to use the new Nvidia 180.22
driver packages. I thus updated all my kmdl packages except lirc-kmdl,
which I could not find as Axel in the above thread states that he has
not yet had the time to fix an issue that prevents the kmdl from
building.

I'd removed all lirc RPMS from my setup in order to have yum do a
smart update (which I discovered isn't possible due to the above
issue). I'd return to the 2.6.18-92.1.10.el5.centos.plus kernel except
that now, none of the ATrpms lirc RPMS exists for CentOS at all, with
all mirrors scrubbed, and I no longer have the original binaries! So I
am stuck without lirc. Help!

--
Frontend:		P4 3.0GHz, 1.5TB software RAID 5 array