[mythtv-users] VDPAU support on 0.21-fixes

Jos Hoekstra joshoekstra at gmx.net
Tue Jan 27 12:52:15 UTC 2009

Jean-Yves Avenard schreef op 27-1-2009 13:24:
> Hi
>
> 2009/1/27 Lindsay Mathieson <lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com>:
>> VDPAU is not stable. Fixes is for fixes. Without a doubt they would be
>> deluged with issues if they slipstreamed vdpau into 0.21 fixes.
>
> It was never about integrating VDPAU into 0.21-fixes officially (at
> least not yet).
> But to create a ticket allowing people to track changes and add
> comments. Like many people have done like this one:
> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/4951 which is used in mythbuntu packages
>
> Instead some nazi just closed and locked it without a single word of
> explanation...
> Makes you feel how nice and fuzzy when you've spent 3 long days coding
> and someone smash the door at you like this.
>

>> Its great that Jean-Yves has created this patch and ppa, useful for those of
>> us who don't mind tweaking, but I wouldn't want to see it in the official
>> 0.21
>
> see above...

I can agree on the not officially supporting it part, but seeing the
abbundant disclaimers you put in, closing it without comment doesn't
seem right either.
Your effort is appreciated when I personally am not using it, keep up
the good work.

Besides you've proven me wrong with my post on ubuntuforums ;)

Kind regards,

Jos Hoekstra