[mythtv-users] VDPAU support on 0.21-fixes

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 12:16:36 UTC 2009

Hui

2009/1/27 Lindsay Mathieson <lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com>:
> Installed via your repo, and working well, with one (possible) issue. It
> pulled in a library - nvidia-180-libvdpau which seemed to install nvidia
> 180.25 libs, it badly broke my 180.22 install. Once I upgraded to 180.25 all
> was ok.

This is how the nvidia drivers are packaged in mythtbuntu nightly
build and Ubuntu 9.04...
And it makes more sense than what they've done in stock 180.11 drivers.

That way libvdpau is independant from the video drivers so you could
install this mythtv package without a nvidia card (it does have
benefit)