[mythtv-users] VDPAU support on 0.21-fixes

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 11:39:42 UTC 2009

Hi

2009/1/27 Yeechang Lee <ylee at pobox.com>:
> Fantastic! I wasn't going to spring for a VDPAU-compatible card until
> 0.22 shipped, but now it looks like I'm going to have to.

VDPAU is definitely worth it... I do not need VDPAU as all my PCs have
sufficient grunt to play any kind of HD files... However, VDPAU does a
fantastic job at de-interlacing, much than any of the other
de-interlacer I've tried (xv, opengl etc)...

It's almost perfect... Almost as good as the build-in de-interlacer of
my Sony LCD Bravia...

I've had best result with the de-interlacer Advanced (1X, HW) on both
9400GT and 8600GT

> mythtv-dev is out, a Wiki mention is unwise (at least without abundant
> and prominent disclaimers), and as you say we shouldn't file random
> tickets regarding your patch. There's nothing stopping us from
> discussing it (within reason) on mythtv-users, though. Also, you
> should go ahead and create a ticket with your patch; many an
> otherwise-unsupported and -unofficial piece of code is found on
> Trac--John Poet's program ID-fudger is one recently-mentioned
> example--and it's a better place than your own Website for you and us
> to track updates to it.

Thanks for the head up..

I created a ticket:
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/6182