[mythtv-users] VDPAU support on 0.21-fixes

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Tue Jan 27 11:02:51 UTC 2009

Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com> says:
> This patch adds VDPAU support to Mythtv 0.21-fixes. There are no
> guarantees other than it "works for me".

Fantastic! I wasn't going to spring for a VDPAU-compatible card until
0.22 shipped, but now it looks like I'm going to have to.

> Please do not bother the various mythtv mailing lists, and do not
> lodge bugs in the mythtv TRAC system. You're on your own here.

mythtv-dev is out, a Wiki mention is unwise (at least without abundant
and prominent disclaimers), and as you say we shouldn't file random
tickets regarding your patch. There's nothing stopping us from
discussing it (within reason) on mythtv-users, though. Also, you
should go ahead and create a ticket with your patch; many an
otherwise-unsupported and -unofficial piece of code is found on
Trac--John Poet's program ID-fudger is one recently-mentioned
example--and it's a better place than your own Website for you and us
to track updates to it.

--
Frontend:		P4 3.0GHz, 1.5TB software RAID 5 array