[mythtv-users] VDPAU support on 0.21-fixes

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 06:20:27 UTC 2009

Dear all.

http://www.avenard.org/files/mythtv-vdpau/

This patch adds VDPAU support to Mythtv 0.21-fixes. There are no
guarantees other than it "works for me".

A great thank to the MythTV development team for this great product
and in particular Mark Kendall without whom those patches wouldn't
exist.

This set of patches also includes the OpenGL optimisations and fixes
written by Mark Kendall which can be found there:
http://www.btinternet.com/~mark_kendall/fixes-patches/
I have been using his OpenGL patches for months without any problems.

If using Ubuntu, you can get automatically mythtv and mplayer with
VDPAU support by using this repository:
http://www.avenard.org/files/ubuntu-repos files/
Add to /etc/apt/sources.list:
deb http://www.avenard.org/files/ubuntu-repos files/

Then simply run an update in synaptic.

For others, those patches should apply cleanly to 0.21-fixes/mythtv
branch (revision #19823 as of time of writing). You must use the
nVidia drivers version 180.22 and above.

Please do not bother the various mythtv mailing lists, and do not
lodge bugs in the mythtv TRAC system. You're on your own here.

All the best
Jean-Yves Avenard
jean-yves at avenard.org