[mythtv-users] myth-common failing on debian

Jake jakeisawake at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 01:41:18 UTC 2009

> I found that the problem comes from
> /var/lib/dpkg/info/mythtv-common.postinst line 5 - ".
> /usr/share/debconf/confmodule".  I traced confmodule and it gets to line 18
> - "exec /usr/share/debconf/frontend $0 "$@" once it detects the frontend.
> After that is a little beyond me because I don't have experience with perl
> or debconf.  Mythtv still works despite this, but I'd like to know what is
> wrong and to stop this error from appearing everytime I use aptitude.

apt-get -f install might fix it or you could always try a
dpkg-reconfigure.  are you using the debian-multimedia repository or
something else?  i'm also on testing but usually build from source so
can't really help that much.

maybe try an update.  i don't have much experience with aptitude but
it looks to just be a frontend for apt-get so i assume it updates when
you run it...