[mythtv-users] Passively cooled ATI Gigabyte HD4550 (GV-R455D3-512I) vs NVIDIA ASUS EN9600GT

Adam Stylinski kungfujesus06 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 23:53:09 UTC 2009

I wish it were that simple, see here's the problem...
Nvidia's older drivers don't work with the newer kernel, nor do they work
with the newer Xorg implementations.  Nvidia will not fix their current
drivers or modify their older ones to be compatible.  Yes, believe me, this
isn't something I haven't tried already.  I wouldn't complain if it was a
royal PITA, and I've gone to the nnews.net forums to ask for help but to no
avail.
They continue to ignore my requests, of course.