[mythtv-users] Question on 8GB of RAM. Was: 32 bit or 64bit???

Francis Hartojo fhartojo at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 22:25:58 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 2:46 PM, Stackpole, Chris
<CStackpole at barbnet.com> wrote:

> To quote a popular net phrase: ZOMG!!1!!
>
> I just looked at some of the notes I took when I was having these
> problems and they match up almost exactly with your description. I think
> I am going to have to look into this bug a bit more.
>
> However, since I did those updates / patches (see messages from last
> week) I have not had a single mythtv related problem (neighborhood lost
> power and the battery backup only gave me 2 of the 10 minutes *shakes
> fist in anger*). So I think that the updates fixed it, but it can't hurt
> to look into this bug and see if I can find more information on it.

Which updates/patches?  Kernel or MythTV updates/patches?  Or both?

I'm just running a stock Mythbuntu 8.10 64-bit with the latest
official updates.  No custom compiles or builds.

> Also, as I side note: I used to have a script that would run every
> couple of hours to update the time. If left unattended in 64bit mode the
> time would drift by ~15 sec/day. NTP had issues keeping it in sync. It
> kept perfect time in 32bit mode. Since the update it drifts maybe 2
> sec/day. NTP seems to be working well.

I haven't come across that issue so far.

Thanks.
--
Francis
echo "sunegbwb at tznvy.pbz" | tr '[a-z]' '[n-za-m]'