[mythtv-users] HDHomerun problem timeout scanning channels -- no tables

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Jan 26 21:04:02 UTC 2009

On 01/26/2009 03:56 PM, Douglas E. Warner wrote:
> Dan Ritter wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 03:41:55PM -0500, Douglas E. Warner wrote:
>>
>>> On an unrelated note, is it possible to remove an individual capture card from
>>> mythtv-setup?  I'm running mythtv-setup via an ssh tunnel, in case there's
>>> something wierd w/ keymaps over an ssh tunnel.
>>>
>> Yes, but don't. Remove all cards, then restore the ones you
>> want.
> Well, how /do/ you do that?  While I'm trying to figure out how to get my HDHR
> installed; adding the HDHR, futzing a while, then removing all cards and
> setting them back up again isn't ideal.  Right now I just nuke the DB entries;
> even less ideal.

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/264034#264034

Nuking DB entries is likely to break things, so you may actually be
making it impossible to "find the right configuration before doing
things the right way."  (And, no, I do /not/ mean that you personally
are likely to break things, just that there are far more inter-table
dependencies than you realize.  Read the links in the above post for
more details.)

Mike