[mythtv-users] Playback lag when recordings start

jr jraymyth at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 19:05:37 UTC 2009

I am sure that this must have been covered before, but I have done
searches on combinations and variations on playback, lag, pause,
record, start, multiple tuners etc, with no joy.  I am running an AMD
4200 dual core, 1GB mem,  with two digital and two analog tuners.
When a recording starts, the currently playing recording lags out for
30 seconds to a full minute.  Unsurprisingly, the lag is worse with
digital than with analog.  What I was searching for was techniques and
tweaks that might ameliorate the lag.  If anyone could point me at
such posts, I would be grateful.

Thanks.