[mythtv-users] asus M3A78-EM

Allen Edwards allen.p.edwards at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 06:16:58 UTC 2009

On Sun, Jan 25, 2009 at 9:22 PM, Rob Rosenfeld
<rob+mythtv-users at rosenfeld.to> wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 25, 2009 at 11:27 PM, Allen Edwards
> <allen.p.edwards at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I have hdmi with audio running off the motherboard and all is working fine
>>> (took a little help to get the right settings for it but that is all known
>>> now...
>>>
>>> I don't have experience with other boards but am happy with how this install
>>> went (my first).
>>>
>>> Phil

>> What about the M3A78 if you don't want onboard video.  I am
>> considering it for a system I am building.  It is an ATX board so
>> perhaps not what you want.
>>
>> Does anyone have experience with this board?  I would use it with a
>> silent asus 8400 video board.  I need a parallel port so that
>> eliminates many options.  I do like the 6 SATA ports and 6 USB ports
>> though.
>>

> FWIW, you could buy a parallel port card pretty cheap, cheaper than a
> video board.

That is a good point but I probably get a better video card and it
looks like the MB without the video is better than the ones with it.
More USB, more SATA, etc.  But then they cost more too.

Don't the built in video cards have shared memory?  How big a deal is
that?  Is it a plus or a minus to myth type performance?

Allen