[mythtv-users] mytharchive dvd burning, audio out of sync or silence

faginbagin mythtv at hbuus.com
Mon Jan 26 05:46:53 UTC 2009

Hi All,

Has anyone experienced a problem with audio on DVDs burned using
mytharchive?

I recently upgraded to mythbuntu 8.04.1 which, after the latest updates,
is running mythtv 0.21+fixes18207-0ubuntu4-hardy1. The first DVD I
burned had audio problems, out of sync and 20 minutes into one
recording, no sound at all. This was with the "Don't re-encode" encoder
profile. The recordings were made with a PVR-150 on mythtv 0.20.2
(ubuntu 7.10). The recordings play back fine in mythfrontend.

FWIW, I had trouble installing mythbuntu 8.10, but 8.04.1 went smoothly.
The only problem I've found so far is this one.

Since my system is partitioned with more than one O/S, I booted back
into the old system and burned a DVD with the exact same recordings and
options. It was fine, audio in sync the whole way through each recording.

I'm hoping this is a known problem that's been fixed in a more recent
version of 0.21 or in a library mytharchive depends on.

Troubleshooting suggestions welcome, too.

TIA,
Helen