[mythtv-users] Problems testing my card.

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Mon Jan 26 04:15:37 UTC 2009

On Sunday 25 January 2009 20:56:47 Batshua bat Yehonatan wrote:

> > I'm asking if you know what the connections are.  You obviously don't.
> > You are making some assumptions here and not realizing it.  I'm trying to
> > point them out to you so that you will better understand the problem you
> > are trying to figure out.
>
> Yup, and I'm still lost.  Working on it, though!

The question is what type of cable, with what type of connectors on it, goes
between your STB and your TV set?

This could be a single coax with "F" connectors, 3 cables with RCA-type
connectors, an S-Video with accompanying audio, HDMI, and maybe even "Scart",
which us yankees don't understand.

If you know what input on your TV set the STB's output goes into, that would
be helpful information as well.

I think it's safe to assume you have both analog and digital channels on your
cable system, maybe not what you want in the end, but enough to test the
setup. I'd expect you to see something by going directly into the capture
card with an RF cable.

--
beww
beww at beww.org