[mythtv-users] How to display the queued jobs?

Leonard Bottleman leonard at whiteweasel.net
Sun Jan 25 20:23:36 UTC 2009

How do you displayed the job queue (for user jobs)? I've searched
the documentation and wiki to no avail.

I'm running MythTv .21.

I'm trying to debug why sometimes user jobs I've requested appear
to wait forever, and other times they run within a minute (as
expected, considering the job queue check time is 60 seconds).

The basic problem is that if I begin a user job for multiple
programs all at the same time, sometimes they are all run
one right after the other, but sometimes only the first job
is run.

When all works well, the backend log shows the start and completion
of each job. When only one job runs, the backend log only shows
the start and completion of this one job, with no mention of
the other jobs.

I do see odd entries such as these:

   2009-01-25 11:57:03.513 Reschedule requested for id 0.
   2009-01-25 11:57:03.568 Scheduled 107 items in 0.1 = 0.00 match + 0.05 place

but I cannot tell if they are related to the problem.

If I go to the job options menu I see "Stop" the user job as
an option, although selecting this option never appears to clear
the job, and the "Stop" option is forever displayed.

Automatic commercial and transcoding jobs are disabled.

Leonard