[mythtv-users] MythVideo Error: "Top level can't become selected child"

Greg Grotsky spikeygg at gmail.com
Sun Jan 25 00:08:04 UTC 2009

Hello MythTV Users,

I've found a most useful feature in mythvideo, in "tree mode" (which I use
exclusively) it will remember your last selected video and return there when
you re-enter mythvideo.  However, this feature was recently broken when I
updated to trunk.  Now when I enter mythvideo I always have the same video
selected and the only thing that the frontend says is "Top level can't
become selected child".  What does that mean?

I am quite sure that the error is due to the feature because when I disable
the feature, the error message goes away and the video tree starts at the
top.

Thanks,
-Greg