[mythtv-users] interesting dct-3416 firewire issue

Dan Linder dan at linder.org
Sat Jan 24 23:29:36 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 7:35 PM, Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com>
 wrote:

> At my parents, trying to get their computer recording from their cable
> box. they only have DVR's so I'm stuck testing with a DCT-3416.

I have a DCH-3416 here in Omaha Nebraska (COX Cable) and was never able to
get anything through the firewire.  The FW utils would see something to talk
with, but I couldn't get it to respond, pass video, or even switch channels.
 I even had the cable tech out who worked with me on it.  Since we needed
the DVR feature we couldn't just swap out a different box either.
This was about 9 months ago so maybe the FW on Linux and/or the DCH3416 has
progressed since then.

Good luck - if you get it to work I might petition my provider to give me a
DCT-3416 if it has DVR.  Do you know the differences between my DCH and your
DCT?

Dan

--
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?" (Who can watch the watchmen?) -- from the
Satires of Juvenal