[mythtv-users] OT: mATX HTPC cases with LCD/VFD

A JM vbtalent at gmail.com
Sat Jan 24 19:52:45 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 9:50 AM, A JM <vbtalent at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 11:58 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> 2009/1/23 A JM <vbtalent at gmail.com>:
>>
>> >   /usr/bin/install -c 'glk.so' '/usr/local/lib/lcdproc/glk.so'
>> >   /usr/bin/install -c 'lb216.so' '/usr/local/lib/lcdproc/lb216.so'
>> >   /usr/bin/install -c 'lcdm001.so' '/usr/local/lib/lcdproc/lcdm001.so'
>> >   /usr/bin/install -c 'MtxOrb.so' '/usr/local/lib/lcdproc/MtxOrb.so'
>> >   /usr/bin/install -c 'pyramid.so' '/usr/local/lib/lcdproc/pyramid.so'
>> >   /usr/bin/install -c 'text.so' '/usr/local/lib/lcdproc/text.so'
>> >
>> > Any thoughts on that?
>>
>> Can't remember to be honnest.. last time I compiled it was a while ago.
>> So you're running Ubuntu 8.10 right? 32 bits or 64 bits ?
>>
>> I can send you the imon.so .. will be much easier.
>>

> In my previous post I had successfully gotten imon to compile but not
> imonlcd which appears to be another driver available to lcdproc? Maybe
> someone can shed some light on the difference between the two.
>
> If I recall the last problem I had was when I tried to start LCDd I got the
> following..
>
> $ LCDd
> imonlcd: ERROR opening /dev/lcd0 (No such file or directory).
> imonlcd: Did you load the iMON VFD kernel module?
> imonlcd: More info in lcdproc/docs/README.imon
> Driver [imonlcd] init failed, return code < 0
> Could not load driver imonlcd
> There is no output driver
> Critical error while initializing, abort.

Just a note to the list that I finally got this going by re-installing LIRC
and going through the setup script. The error that was generated about
/dev/lcd0 missing was correct.

David's instructions worked for LIRC,

*To get lirc to automatically detect the display as an LCD instead of a VFD,
you need to use lirc from CVS.  Specifically, you need revision 1.32 or
later of lirc_imon.c.  If you don't want to use all unreleased lirc, just
drop that one file into lirc-0.8.4a.  I'm actually using it with lirc-0.8.3.

*Jean, I'm not really sure what happened with your install* *it looked like
it went well but it never created the /dev/lcd0?

Thanks for all the help and guidance.

*
*