[mythtv-users] ext4 vs XFS for mythbuntu

Chuck Peters cp at ccil.org
Sat Jan 24 19:50:50 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 10:27 AM, Larry Finger <Larry.Finger at lwfinger.net>wrote:

> Several major bugs in ext4 have been reported on the Linux Kernel
> Mailing List in the past few days. I wouldn't use it for anything but
> testing for at least two more kernel cycles (6-8 months).

Thats good to know!

I have had the mythbuntu 9.04 installed for a few days but I hadn't gotten
around to getting the backend setup.  I haven't had any data corruption
problems but the server hasn't been doing much yet.  I did have some
problems with the nvidia drivers but other than that it has been fairly
smooth.  However it does sound like it might be a bit early for ext4 so I
will be setting the system up with ext3 and XFS on mythbuntu 8.10.

Thanks,
Chuck