[mythtv-users] Mythfrontend ignores key/remote input, playback intermittently unresponsive

Quinten Steenhuis q.steenhuis at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 24 00:05:04 UTC 2009

----- Original Message ----

I am not using irxevent at all, but mythfrontend's built-in lirc interface. I'm willing to try it, but I've read that using irxevent is a more complicated approach.

I am using irexec, though not to control myth.

> 2.
> I experience what you and others describe in one specific
> circumstance: When backing up the mythconverg database
> (
> I've long since more or less eliminated the issue by modifying the
> script to dump the database to a disk other than the one it resides
> on.)
>
> You are of course not backing up your database so often as to cause
> the issue you describe during every playback. My guess, however, is
> that between mythbackend and MySQL something is slow. If so, it likely
> has something to do with recordedseek--by far the largest table in
> mythconverg. Another suspect is mythbackend's periodic
> rescheduling. Tell me: Can you trigger the issue by 'mythbackend
> --resched'? When you go to System Status|AutoExpire List, how quickly
> does the list appear?

I tried running mythbackend --resched. It didn't interfere with any keyboard or remote presses.

I also have UseEvents turned on in xorg.conf