[mythtv-users] OT: mATX HTPC cases with LCD/VFD

A JM vbtalent at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 19:30:17 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 11:39 AM, David Engel <david at istwok.net> wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 10:34:30PM -0500, A JM wrote:
> > On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 5:01 PM, David Engel <david at istwok.net> wrote:
> > > To get lcdproc to correctly use the graphical display, you need to
> > > apply the pactch at
> > > http://codeka.com/blogs/imon/lcdproc-0.5.2-imonlcd-0.3.patch.  Then
> > > set the driver to be "imonlcd" in LCDd.conf.  You can turn the
> > > backlight off by setting "backlight=0" in the "[imonlcd]" section of
> > > LCDd.conf.
> > [...]
> >
> > David,
> >
> > I'm not seeing some of the options that you suggested above in
> > lcdproc-0.5.2.
> >
> > In my LCDd.conf file the driver section looks like the following:
> >
> > # The following drivers are supported:
> > #   bayrad, CFontz, CFontz633, CFontzPacket, curses, CwLnx, ea65,
> > #   EyeboxOne, g15, glcdlib, glk, hd44780, icp_a106, imon, IOWarrior,
> > #   irman, joy, lb216, lcdm001, lcterm, lirc, MD8800, ms6931,
> mtc_s16209x,
> > #   MtxOrb, NoritakeVFD, picolcd, pyramid, sed1330, sed1520, serialPOS,
> > #   serialVFD, sli, stv5730, svga, t6963, text, tyan, ula200, xosd
> > Driver=imon
>
> The patch I referenced doesn't update LCDd.conf to list imonlcd as an
> available driver or give sample options.  Just make sure imonlcd.so
> gets built and installed when you build lcdproc.  FYI, you'll need to
> run autoconf and maybe even automake after you patch lcdproc to make
> sure imonlcd.so gets built.
>
> > Also, I see backlight=yes/no not 0/1 are we looking at the same versions?
>
> I think either will work.  I tried backlight=0 when I heard it could
> be controlled and it worked for me.  Only later did I see
> backlight=yes/no elsewhere in LCDd.conf.
>
> David
> --
> David Engel
> david at istwok.net

Thanks for the note David, sorry to drag this out guys but for a novice I'm
just struggling a bit and will realize my stupidity after all is said and
done.

Currently I'm not in front of my machine but did you use any of the drivers
from (http://venky.ws/projects/imon/#standalone) or strictly from lcdproc
and lirc?

I just want to make sure I'm not missing something obvious here...

Thanks.

AJM,