[mythtv-users] ext4 vs XFS for mythbuntu

Mike Holden mythtv at mikeholden.org
Fri Jan 23 10:07:21 UTC 2009

jarpublic at gmail.com wrote:
> Here is a good write up with some benchmarks and real world tests
> comparing
> ext3, ext4, and XFS. Performance wise it looks like a really good match
> for
> a mythtv setup. As others have said it is up to you weather you want to
> take
> the risk of using a newer file system. I am tempted to give it a try when
> update my ubuntu box to 9.04.

I tried ext4 for a while on a pilot myth backend under Fedora 9 and had
several corruption problems. Went back to other file systems (ext3,
reiser, jfs) and have had no problems since.
--
Mike Holden

http://www.by-ang.com - the place to shop for all manner of hand crafted
items, including Jewellery, Greetings Cards and Gifts