[mythtv-users] OT: mATX HTPC cases with LCD/VFD

A JM vbtalent at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 04:02:51 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 10:38 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi
>
> 2009/1/23 A JM <vbtalent at gmail.com>:
> > Scratch my last post.. duh it finally dawned on me.
>
> The "right location" as I call it is /etc/lirc which is where all the
> stuff would be installed by default
>

> > Can I test this without using Myth at the moment? this is a fresh install
> > and just want to see if she's working.
>
> This stuff is completely independent of MythTV ... It's only dealing
> with the LCD and the IR controller
>

> > Also, Davids post earlier referred to turning off the backlight and I see
> > his suggestions are a little different than yours are they basically the
> > same processes? Can I simply add the lines backlight=0 into the
> > hardware.conf file?
>
> I didn't touch any of those... This is using the stock ubuntu lirc
> drivers, and the basic support in lirc for this LCD.
> It seems that Davids added more patches to emulate as if the LCD as turned
> off.
> What he did is change the default text that appears when you quit the
> LCDd daemon:
> by default it shows something like: Thank you for using LCDd ...
>
> from my quick read, it seems that he just made this message look
> empty, which simulate the screen being completely turned off (but
> that's not the case)
>
> > To get lcdproc to correctly use the graphical display, you need to
> > apply the pactch at
> > http://codeka.com/blogs/imon/lcdproc-0.5.2-imonlcd-0.3.patch.  Then
> > set the driver to be "imonlcd" in LCDd.conf.  You can turn the
> > backlight off by setting "backlight=0" in the "[imonlcd]" section of
> > LCDd.conf.
>
> Just apply my patchs, it will do all that...

Currently when I power down the box the LCD stays lit, it should turn off
w/the PC??? That's what I thought David was doing are you saying it never
turns off just doesn't display text?

Having a bit of an issue w/lcdproc at the moment. It compiled fine and
installed but I notice it doesn't build imon.so which I believe is what I
need?

test -z "/usr/local/lib/lcdproc" || mkdir -p -- "/usr/local/lib/lcdproc"
  /usr/bin/install -c 'bayrad.so' '/usr/local/lib/lcdproc/bayrad.so'
  /usr/bin/install -c 'CFontz.so' '/usr/local/lib/lcdproc/CFontz.so'
  /usr/bin/install -c 'CFontz633.so' '/usr/local/lib/lcdproc/CFontz633.so'
  /usr/bin/install -c 'CwLnx.so' '/usr/local/lib/lcdproc/CwLnx.so'
  /usr/bin/install -c 'glk.so' '/usr/local/lib/lcdproc/glk.so'
  /usr/bin/install -c 'lb216.so' '/usr/local/lib/lcdproc/lb216.so'
  /usr/bin/install -c 'lcdm001.so' '/usr/local/lib/lcdproc/lcdm001.so'
  /usr/bin/install -c 'MtxOrb.so' '/usr/local/lib/lcdproc/MtxOrb.so'
  /usr/bin/install -c 'pyramid.so' '/usr/local/lib/lcdproc/pyramid.so'
  /usr/bin/install -c 'text.so' '/usr/local/lib/lcdproc/text.so'

Any thoughts on that?