[mythtv-users] addendum to my previous post about small slave backend

Mitch Gore mitchell.gore at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 22:26:57 UTC 2009

>>> I would also like to know if that is powerful enough to decode HD with
>>> the assistance of the intel discrete GPU or even without it.

Wont be able to decode HD (mpeg2 or h.264) without VDPAU which is in
its infancy.  You could put a PCI Nvidia 8400 in to try it tho.

You would be better off buying one with a small fan tho:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813121359 (out
of stock at the moment)

The 330 is the same clock as the N270 but has twice the cache. (512k vs 1M)

--
Mitchell