[mythtv-users] Multi-gigabyte shared r/w partitions

jarpublic at gmail.com jarpublic at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 16:07:53 UTC 2009

I've considered the NAS route even if in a more indirect manner.

> I thought of putting a VM on the windows box that runs a stripped down
> version of linux with samba and have windows r/w to the share and
> consequently to the hard drive, but what a way to go.  I thought about the
> ntfs-3g route as well, but seeing since linux will be the dominant use of
> the box, I don't want to format the drive to NTFS.  I'm not sure, but I
> don't think the ntfs drivers would take well to reading an hd stream while
> write two other HD streams and an SD stream simultaneously.

Have you looked into ext2fsd? It is comparable to ext2ifs and is open
source. Plus the most recent build .46 has support for larger inodes. I
haven't used it personally but I know of several people who have used it for
years without trouble.