[mythtv-users] OT: mATX HTPC cases with LCD/VFD

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 12:58:46 UTC 2009

Hi

2009/1/22 A JM <vbtalent at gmail.com>:
> I do use Ubuntu, are your patches widely available or only for personal use?
>
> I'm assuming your patches are to address the same issues as what David was
> running into? great information David.
>
> "To get lirc to automatically detect the display as an LCD instead of a
> VFD, you need to use lirc from CVS.  Specifically, you need revision
> 1.32 or later of lirc_imon.c.  If you don't want to use all unreleased
> lirc, just drop that one file into lirc-0.8.4a.  I'm actually using it
> with lirc-0.8.3."

Here are the messages I wrote regarding the lcd support in lirc 0.8.3
that comes with ubuntu 8.10.

For adding support of the LCD in stock lirc:
"For those running Ubuntu (tested on Ubuntu 8.10 beta)

I've made a patch to the existing lirc modules, the advantage being
that they will be installed in the proper location, and it will be
easier to maintain in the future.
Patch is available there:
http://www.avenard.org/mythtv/lirc-0.8.3.imon.patch

How to use it:

# apt-get install lirc-modules-source
# cd /usr/src/lirc-0.8.3
# patch -p1 < /path/th/lirc-0.8.3.imon.patch
# dpkg-reconfigure lirc-modules-source

either reboot or type:
rmmod lirc_imon
rmmod lirc_dev
modprobe lirc_imon:

Then, for getting the remote control to work in Linux with LIRC:

"For people with an Antec Fusion Remote and the MX200 remote control.

I've created a lircd configuration file for the buttons of that remote
, including the volume knob. As well as the script to start everything
automatically.

The lirc script is it be copied into /etc/init.d
and the other configuration files to be located in their right location.

What it does is start two lircd daemon as described in this great blog.

Creating it was a pain as if you make any mistakes during the irrecord
you have to restart the configuration after starting/stopping lircd

To start the lirc daemon, either reboot or type /etc/init.d/lirc start

So this take the pain away from you ; enjoy

http://www.avenard.org/mythtv/lirc-conf.tar.gz"

Follow both steps , the simply create the right .lirc file for mythtv...
full LCD and IR support for the Antec case