[mythtv-users] Why doesn't 'delete recording' actually mean 'delete recording'?

ryan patterson ryan.goat at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 12:40:57 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 1:44 PM, Michael T. Dean
<mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> As a matter of fact, I agree so much that I'll even write up a
> patch for it (that will go into trunk).
>
> For those who are using 0.21-fixes, though, the attached script shows the
> info.  You can run it at the command line with:
>
> myth_available_storage.pl --plain_text
>
> or you can set it up in mythtv-setup as your:
>
> Miscellaneous Status Application
> External application or script that outputs extra information for inclusion
> in the backend status page.  See contrib/misc_status_info/README
>
> (or add a call to the script you have set as your "Miscellaneous Status
> Application") without command-line arguments (i.e.
> "/path/to/script/myth_available_storage.pl") and then it's shown on your
> MythTV backend status page (i.e. "Status" in MythWeb).
>
> Mike

Thanks Mike,

I tried your script last night but I couldn't get it to work
correctly.  I listed it under the Miscellaneous Status Application in
Mythtv-setup.  Now my MythWeb backend status page times out with an
error message.  The script executes from the command line no problem
and produces some HTML output as it should.

I haven't really troubleshooted it much.  The script is marked
executable for everybody.  Maybe apache doesn't like executing a
script outside the www root directory?  Using the 'ps' command I can
see user 'mythtv' executing both "sh
/usr/local/bin/myth_available_storage.pl" and "perl -w
/usr/local/bin/myth_available_storage.pl".