[mythtv-users] Using Boxee or Firefox to play video hoses Mythtv playback?

Scott Traurig straurig at comcast.net
Thu Jan 22 12:27:41 UTC 2009

Environment: Ubuntu 8.04, Mythtv 0.21, Nvidia 6xxx video

I've got the strangest problem. If I leave mythfrontend to play video in
Boxee or Firefox, either by jumping to the second desktop or by means of
menu entries I've provided in mythfrontend, when I go back to Myth and
playback some recorded video the playback becomes jumpy.

I believe that somehow the video hardware settings are getting hosed and
then not reset by the myth internal player. The only fix I can come up with
is a system restart.

Has anyone else seen this behavior?

Thanks,

Scott