[mythtv-users] Fwd: Digital Audio on HDMI MB not working

Jens.Peder.Terjesen at devoteam.com Jens.Peder.Terjesen at devoteam.com
Thu Jan 22 11:21:53 UTC 2009

-----Phil Wild wrote: -----

>I have an Asus M3N78-EM motherboard running OpenSuse 11.0.
>

>I had to update alsa from 1.0.17 to 1.0.18 in order to get sound via
>HDMI to work.
>

>I also had to update to the latest Nvidia driver.
>

>This is off topic but thought I would ask seeing as we have the same
>motherboard. Last night I downloaded the projectm visualisations to
>get them working with mythmusic.
>

>The performance of the visualisations was very poor. I would have
>expected the onboard graphics to perform a little better than they
>did (like perhaps 2 frames per second).
>

>Just wondering if you have tried this with same result?
>

>Phil

I have not used mythmusic on this PC as it is one that I only use for
testing DVB-S2 reception and VDPAU.

I do however use random screensavers, including opengl ones on this PC and
they work without any problems.

How much RAM have you allocated for the onboard graphics? I had to update
to the latest BIOS in order to be able to set it to 512 MB. But I am pretty
sure that the screensaver worked well also with the default setting in BIOS
which was 128 MB I think.