[mythtv-users] Mythmusic automatic database update

Ray Whiteman ray.whiteman at consultant.com
Thu Jan 22 06:53:50 UTC 2009

Hello,

I am wondering if there is a command line or alternative automatic way
to invoke a mythmusic database update.

I sync my mythmusic with iTunes and iTunes is the master. I am syncing
playlists up as well, and this is the final step to automating the whole
process.

Is this possible?

Using Mythbuntu 7.10 with 0.21 backports.

MythTV Version   : 16468
MythTV Branch    : tags/release-0-21
Library API      : 0.21.20080304-1
Network Protocol : 40
Options compiled in:
 linux profile using_oss using_alsa using_arts using_jack using_backend
using_dbox2 using_dvb using_firewire using_frontend using_hdhomerun
using_iptv using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_libfftw3 using_lirc
using_opengl_vsync using_opengl_video using_v4l using_x11 using_xrandr
using_xv using_xvmc using_xvmcw using_bindings_perl
using_bindings_python using_opengl using_ffmpeg_threads using_libavc_5_3
using_live

If this can't be done then I am off on a long and tough road with
alternative linux music players :) My iTunes playlists are god to me.