[mythtv-users] OSD fonts

Josh White jaw1959 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 04:24:03 UTC 2009

I've noticed that most OSD themes I try to use do not match the screenshots
I see.  The screenshots show very nice looking menus and descriptions of
what show is on, but when I install them on my machine, the fonts are always
a basic, not-so-attractive font that doesn't match at all. I would think
that whatever font is required would be included with the OSD theme, but
maybe I'm wrong in that assumption.

Grey OSD is the only theme that works as-advertised on my machines.

I'm running 3 Ubuntu/Mythbuntu machines (8.10), and a Debian machine (etch),
and I see the same results on all of them.

Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks for any help,

Josh