[mythtv-users] scheduling question - activate from pilot

mons37318 at mypacks.net mons37318 at mypacks.net
Wed Jan 21 19:37:36 UTC 2009

I have a Record the first episode of every new show but keep the schedule inactve - rule

it causes me to see a list of new pilots, but of course, they don't record.

oh wait.

I had tried to activate one new series by saying record any time/channel
override would record it, but only that ep. Activate would record every episode of every new show - and then  oh wait, I already said every episode.

okay, I had to switch the first episode to any time any channel, leave the "activate" alone.
I don't know why but I thought it was the second episode I had to do this to in order to set a new recording rule from an inactive Every Pilot rule, without activating all shows on the air every minute of every day.
Guess not. (in the last column on this list of upcoming shows "of this series" (before I managed to get it to record) - ep 1 had a dash and ep 2 had an x. I actually don't know the meaning of those in this context...

I really did think it was ep two. It's just been so long since I did it with anything that was a series and not a one shot.

--
Pam from Boston
Happily ever after means the show is really over.