[mythtv-users] I've lost 1 gig of ram

Stackpole, Chris CStackpole at barbnet.com
Wed Jan 21 19:28:21 UTC 2009

[snip]

Having just gone through this* with a M2N-E MB, I would recommend that you upgrade to the latest BIOS. I am not 100% certain how to do it for your MB, but for mine I just downloaded the BIOS file in a zipped format, extracted the zip to a USB thumbdrive, booted into the BIOS, and did the upgrade from the ASUS BIOS update utility inside the BIOS.

I had only lost ~512MB of memory when I upgraded to 8GB, and it all shows up properly after the BIOS update. I also noticed that every BIOS release has added more/better processor support. I don't know if it will fix your problem, but it might.

I don't recommend the BETA update. Stick with version 1502 (currently the most up-to-date stable for your MB).

Have fun!
~Stack~

*Check the "Question on 8GB of RAM. Was: 32 bit or 64bit???" thread if you care for the details. Not much more there that relates to you, but it might help for reference. If I were in your shoes right now, the BIOS update would be the first thing I would do.