[mythtv-users] Question on 8GB of RAM. Was: 32 bit or 64bit???

Jeff Artz jeff.artz at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 18:04:53 UTC 2009

> >   I recently got a good deal on a Dual Channel 4GB kit (2 x Crucial 2GB
> DDR2
> > 800), so I decided to upgrade my system with them late last-night.  Big

> >   Now that I look at the Asus web site for the "Qualified Vendors List"
> for

> I ignore that. Just buy, Corsair XMS, OCZ or GSKILL.

I was wrong about the brand in my previous post (from memory).  The memory I
was attempting to install was Corsair XMS2 4GB PC-6400 DDR2 Memory Kit  (2x
2GB modules)

UGH - I just noticed in the Asus "Qualified Vendor" list that they have the
"1024MB Corsair CM2X1024-6400C4" listed as working in single- slot and
single-pair mode, but not for all 4 slots.  And the only 2048MB module
listed on the QVL is ELPIDA, and it also works in all 4 slots...

Note - I did make sure I have the latest bios installed (v 1701) - still no
love...

This is driving me batty -- reminds me of the old Packard Bell systems...
DOH!!!!

J-e-f-f-A