[mythtv-users] VDPAU blows up video card, film at 11

Jon Bishop jon.the.wise.gdrive at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 10:11:45 UTC 2009

> One of the devs (who can speak up if he desires) now has a card which,
> following testing with VDPAU, will only display absolute corruption
> when trying to access the hardware responsible for PureVideo/VDPAU, in
> both windows and Linux.  Power cycling/moving to new hardware/new
> OS/etc. all yield the same result.  Basic UI display is still
> functional for him IIRC.  In similar reported cases people are seeing
> corrupted display as early as the BIOS (although in the one case I'm
> speaking of he hasn't seen that).

In the past, I had an Nvidia GeForce4 Ti 4600 that overheated (the fan
stopped spinning) and had the exact same results. I continued using it
as a dumb vga card for years, but any time I tried to use acceleration
(on a windows system, it was for gaming originally) it would display
artifacts all over the screen and lock up the PC.

~Jon