[mythtv-users] Database error during mysqldump. \"Incorrect file format 'jobqueue' when using Lock Tables\" \"Incorrect file format 'j'

tommo at tommojunior.plus.com tommo at tommojunior.plus.com
Wed Jan 21 05:25:42 UTC 2009

> On 01/20/2009 09:16 PM, tommo wrote:
>> I'm about to embark on a hardware upgrade on my backend and am trying to
>> perform a database backup. I'm running mythtv 0.21-200 on fedora 8, sql
>> version 5.0.45-6.
>>
>> I'm getting the following error:
>>
>> mysqldump -u mythtv -pmythtv mythconverg -c > mythtv_backup_20090121.sql
>> mysqldump: Got error: 130: Incorrect file format 'jobqueue' when using
>> LOCK TABLES
>
> Don't use -c.  Or, try:
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Database_Backup_and_Restore
>
> Don't know what's messed up in your current DB config, but that might
> get around it (at least for now).
>
> Mike

Hey All - Thanks for the help.

Running a myisamchk jobqueue.MYI showed that that bit of the database
wasn't even recognised by mysql. Thankfully I was able to restore the
jobqueue files from an old o/s level backup I had. Then the myisamchk
command ran cleanly, as does the database backup.

Thanks All,
Tommo