[mythtv-users] OpenGL profile using over 100% CPU

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 04:02:33 UTC 2009

Hello Mark

2009/1/20 Mark Kendall <mark.kendall at gmail.com>:
> Are you using some of those patches or a clean version of 0.21? As you
> know, a lot has changed with the OpenGL renderer in recent times and
> I'd suggest the only useful way of debugging this is to work with a
> clean version of trunk (which hopefully has fixed it anyway!).

I have compiled and installed trunk (19770)... I've noticed that none
of the display profile using OpenGL that I used to run on 0.21-fixes
using your OpenGL patches now work properly.

When using opengl rendering with any of the HW de-interlacer, playing
a 1080i MPEG2 TV stream will result in huge stuttering and a CPU usage
of over 130%... This is on a E8500 (3.16GHz Core 2 Duo).

It is fine for SD channel.

For HD, I use the following display profile: opengl renderer, Kernel
(2X, HW) deinterlacer
for SD: opengl renderer , Yadif (2X, HW)

This used to work just fine before..

Is there anything you would recommend to troubleshoot this issue ?

Right now I'm using VDPAU, it works fine (perfect I would say) for
most cases, but it crashes mythfrontend when trying to play an
external video...

Thank you
Jean-Yves